Canggu Beachside Villas are located in the village of Berawa on the border between Canggu and Seminyak. Berawa is rapidly becoming a hotspot for surfers who enjoy riding its long beach break, as well with partygoers looking to feel the pulse of Bali’s nightlife. The best beach clubs and bars in Bali, such as Café del Mar, Tropicola, W Hotel, Ku Dé Ta and Potato Head are all within walking distance of the villa.
Foodies will also appreciate the dazzling number of coffee shops, delis and restaurants in the vicinity, while shoppers can browse through the many boutiques of nearby Canggu.
Popular surfing spots such as Batu Bolong Beach (3km) and Echo Beach (4km) are close by, to the north. The swell is quite strong on this side of the island, so we don’t recommend swimming.
With Canggu Beachside Villas as your base, you’ll be perfectly placed to indulge in the glitz and glamour of Bali.
- Café del Mar
- 0.10 km
- La Laguna Bali
- 0.10 km
- Batu Belig Beach
- 0.20 km
- Finns Beach Club
- 0.50 km
- Potato Head Beach Club Bali
- 0.70 km
- Finns Recreation Club
- 1 km
- Bali Equestrian Centre
- 2 km
- Batu Bolong Beach
- 3 km
- Echo Beach
- 3 km
- Seminyak Square
- 6 km
- 9 km
- Ngurah Rai Airport (DPS)
- 13 km
- Tanah Lot Temple
- 13 km
- 27 km
Things To Do
Your villa manager will have plenty of information about all the places of interest in the area and can arrange transport or make bookings for you. In fact, many of the staff live locally and will be happy to give you some interesting insights into many aspects of Bali life.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villas.
- Groove to the music and soak up Ibiza’s party vibes at the newly opened Café del Mar. Literally across the road from Canggu Beachside Villas, this 10000sqm beachfront pool club just may be where you choose to spend your evenings every single day.
- Enjoy sundowners or an evening meal at La Laguna, a restaurant and bar entirely made out of driftwood. This is probably the most romantic spot you’ll find on the island, with magical sunset views over the lagoon and the beach.
- Finns Recreation Club ¬– just down the road from the villas – provides hours of entertainment for the whole family. It has first class facilities including a restaurant, bar and lounge, a library, a kids’ club and a really cool water park. Or visit Finns Beach Club, just 500 metres to the north of La Laguna, and enjoy poolside cocktails in the spectacular bamboo clubhouse overlooking the pool and ocean.
- If you enjoy eating out, you’ll find some exciting and high-quality choices in the village of Berawa. For breakfast and lunch, head over to Coffee ‘n Oven, which has an excellent choice of European-type pastries. Or try some organic home-grown vegetables underneath the huge tippy-tent at Parachute – only a ten-minute walk from the villas. For dining we can recommend Milu which serves excellent Indonesian and western dishes in a beautiful atmospheric garden, or The Piring Daun for tasty Indian fusion cuisine.
- Children will love hanging out at the Bali Equestrian Centre, a world-class destination for riders and tourists. Its facilities have been designed to accommodate the entire family with pony rides and day camps for the little ones, lessons, family village tours and beach rides.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and nearby rural villages such as Pererenan and Seseh by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (eatery) to sample some basic Balinese fare.
- The Canggu Beachside Villas are only a 45-minute drive from the famous Tanah Lot sea temple, one of Bali’s most important temples, and also one of its most popular tourist attractions. You can expect a lot of people and camera phones if you visit during sunset, especially during peak holiday season. We advise visiting early in the morning (8-9am) when there are less people and you’ll have a much better chance to really experience the power of this sacred place.
- Play a round at the well-laid out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course in Sanur or the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf Course on the Bukit Peninsula, for fantastic ocean views.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned temple – Pura Ulun Danu.